Updated May 19 @ 2::00 p.m.
What we, as a Chamber of Commerce, are doing:
- We are working to follow CDC guidelines regarding handwashing and sanitation.
- We have postponed, or canceled, Chamber events in the immediate future involving groups of people. We will evaluate the safety of holding events as time goes on and more information from authorities is released.
- We are urging everyone to continue shopping locally and supporting local businesses to minimize the impact on our economy.
- We are monitoring the latest information from our state and federal representatives, the SBA and other agencies. We post links to this information here on the COVID-19 page and on social media. In addition, we are participating in weekly webinars with our political representatives, the Texas Chamber of Commerce Executives and others.
- We continue to answer telephone and e-mail inquiries as always. As of mid-May, walk-ins to our office are limited in accordance with current safety guidelines.
To our local businesses:
Please keep us apprised of any closures, reduced hours or other changes at your business. This helps us when fielding questions from the public seeking information on specific goods and services. Contact us at 936.336.5736 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Phase One update from Governor Abbott's office (begins Friday, May 1).
The Phase Two update from Governor Abbott's office (begins Monday, May 18).
COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
HOSPITALS & CLINICS
Lee College Small Business Development Center (offers assistance with SBA loan applications and other services).